Sunday, May 4, 2014

May the Fourth Be With You


Source

A long time ago, in a blog far, far away...

I blogged.

Sorry about the past couple of weeks. I was working.  A lot.  Training the new guy.  It wasn't bad at all...we got along just fine.  The problem was I am not used to working every night.  So the week following Easter I worked Monday - Friday.  I pretty much figured I wouldn't be around that week.  I was a zombie.  My husband remembered why he hated me working full time so much.  I had zero energy and my memory was shot.  Now usually when we are training someone to work the midnight shift, they get three weeks.  My boss  had me work one (at first).  And my amazing trainee picked everything up and is doing a great job.  But that first week we just didn't have enough time to cover everything that needs to be done.  So last week I worked half of the week and then did my normal Friday night thing (but got out of work four hours early because I have some really awesome co-workers!).  Last night my favorite person in the world at the moment worked for me.  And thank goodness I asked her to work...all night Friday night I had a toothache that eventually radiated all over the left side of my head.  I knew what it was...and I was not at all happy.  I called the dentist.  Amazingly enough they were able to squeeze me in for an appointment.  And I had a root canal.  Good times.  (This morning, I felt like I had been anesthetized while I slept - and had a crazy dream that was like a movie - and I was stumbling around.  I got up and took the meds I take in the morning and was eating a little something so that I wouldn't have all of that motrin in my belly alone and I totally forgot about my dental work yesterday and bit down on that side of my mouth.  Two hours later, I finally don't hate myself for doing so...).  Anyhow, it sounds like the whole thing was pretty infected because I'm now taking antibiotics, I have to go back Friday to have the medication he packed into the remains of the tooth changed and then in two weeks I can finally have it finished.  Totally looking forward to this entire process...

Anyway...how could I top that entire Saturday experience with the biggest cherry ever?  Well, by passing LARGE kidney stones.  Just fuck my life.  Yesterday sucked.  I'm just waiting to see how bad the stones are today.  The doctor on call for the Urology practice I go to (LOVE the fact that I know them all from work...they know I'm not bullshitting them when I tell them how bad something is...for real!) called in a prescription for me to kind of open things up so no stones get stuck.  Because THAT is a whole other nightmare.

The cool thing is, when my brain started functioning properly, I remembered it was only Sunday.  And not only is it Sunday, but it is STAR WARS DAY!!!  Now, if you've been around here for a while, you know what a Star Wars fan I am.  And it is always a big celebration here!   Despite how shitty I feel, I couldn't let today go by without representing!

Before we get to the fun, how about a little recipe I found on starwars.com.  Seriously, go check them out!  Lots of other recipes and fun activities to celebrate today! (Or tomorrow, because, don't forget, its Revenge of the Fifth!)

Greedo Fauxito


Source

Ingredients
One Lime
8-10 fresh mint leaves
Lemon Lime Soda
(and if you are making these for adults, rum)

Directions
Squeeze lime juice into glass.  Add fresh mint leaves to glass and muddle with a cocktail muddler or spoon.   Add ice to the glass.  (At this point, if you are making adult beverages, add your rum shot).  Fill glass with lemon lime soda.

Enjoy and contemplate who shot first.

Now, how about some Star Wars cats?




Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source
Source

***************************************************

And now some food for thought...


7 comments:

  1. I passed some kidney stones last year, bloody religious experience!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I am not at all happy right now, but as long as I don't spike a fever I don't have to go to the emergency room, so there's that...:/

      Delete
  2. This is not the home you are looking for - Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The poor little easily influenced puppy.: )

      Delete
  3. Poor Mel! Hope you're feeling better and rested soon. Oh, and May the Fourth be With You too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally forgot about May the Fourth until I saw a Facebook post from one of my kids. We were driving home from one of other kids' college events. Feel better.

    Elsie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have missed out on a lot. Wow.

    ReplyDelete