Monday, April 14, 2014

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."


Source



So its about that time...egg coloring time!
I boiled eggs last night so that the kids and I could decorate them in the next day or two.  Its so crazy...I am so used to having to rush around and do everything at the last minute.  Its nice to have time!  We bought a kit we are going to use, but I started looking around online and there are so many ideas...next year we are going to try some of these I think! So I thought I'd share some really cool egg decorating ideas with you all today...and after we color our eggs, I will show you pictures!
Also, don't forget to vote in the poll over there on the right...which cake should I make....or should I just go buy one???  You decide!










And if you are feeling especially creative...

*************************************

I may not be around until later today as I am going to get new tires for my truck, but I will try to check in on you all later!!

And now, some food for thought...

Source



12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Right!! I mean, I suppose I have the time, but I just...no.

      Delete
  2. No little bunnies down your page?

    Snow finally gone and we're into spring here at the Manor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope...I'm sticking with butterflies as it keeps cooling off and snowing and I am afraid I'm not going to see any butterflies this year unless I visit the butterfly house at the zoo!

      Delete
  3. I don't colour eggs myself. Maybe when I have kids I will, but I don't think I've tried it even when I was younger. My experiments to hatch an easter egg only resulted in melted eggs. They were delicious, but it was still sad that all the experiments failed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...just do it Mark! The colors will perk you up! Just use a little food coloring in a mug of warm water and a healthy drop of vinegar! Easy vibrant colored eggs!

      Delete
  4. My Rare One makes beautiful Ukrainian Easter eggs (pysanka). I've done a few myself. Lots of fun but very time consuming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Color me impressed! I do not think I have the patience, but I find the process completely fascinating!

      Delete
  5. My daughter wouldn't colour eggs when she was little. For some reason the whole thing scared her, I was so upset as I had looked forward to the whole thing with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to get scared when coloring eggs too...but I think it was because my mother would put the soundtrack for "Jesus Christ Superstar" on the record player, and the part when they were nailing him to the cross was very unsettling to me when trying to decorate!

      Delete
  6. My Easter eggs never looked this cool.

    ReplyDelete