Thursday, December 12, 2013

Please Daddy Don't Get Drunk this Christmas

Source




So, its Christmastime, so let's have a Thirsty Thursday post, shall we? I mean, there are going to be lots of parties, and inevitably, someone is going to want to have a drink.  Some of us might really need a drink.  Some others may need to lay off the drink.
Whatever.
What will be will be.
And if you are gonna have a drink, why not make it a pretty festive drink? 
Cool!
BUT FIRST...
I mentioned last week that Dezzy, our dear Hollywood Spy, is doing us the honor of another festive guest post!  What a great Christmas gift, eh?  Perfect fit!  So mark your calendars for December 18 for that big event!!
It will prove to be an excellent day, no doubt!
Now, onto our cocktail!
The Mistletoe Martini
Source
Ingredients
1 ½ oz. citrus vodka
¾ oz. pomegranate juice
¾ oz. defrosted lemonade concentrate (strained of pulp)
2-3 drops orange blossom water
Ice
Cava (or any dry sparkling wine)
Shaker and strainer
Martini glass
Garnish: Equal parts red, white and green decorative sugar
Pomegranate seeds
Orange twist
Directions
 Rim half the martini glass with sugar. Combine all ingredients except cava. Shake and strain into glass. Top with cava. Sprinkle pomegranate seeds into drink and garnish rim with orange twist.
Just looking at that one will get you feeling full of holiday cheer!
******************************************
And now some food for thought...

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to Dez's post then :) I'm not much of a drinker myself. Not a fan of the taste of alcohol. Christmas just isn't the same when you're sober. You find your family far less tolerable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't drink much myself...but honestly, I haven't started any of my baking. I am literally right now making the first bunch of treats!! Next week there will be lots of goodies to share!

      Delete
  2. Dezzy's head looks so big on that picture :) Exclusive tidbit: we shall go peanuts in the Christmas post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More of Dezzy to love!

      Really looking forward to the guest post!!

      Delete
    2. I like it, in fact that's what I was going to comment on. Looks good to me.

      Delete
  3. I don't drink much these days, but around the holidays, it's always nice to know that drinking myself into a liquid coma to get past the festivities is an option if things get rough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never really know when a good martini recipe will come in handy!

      Delete
  4. It's a pretty little drink. But it sparkles, I don't trust it. Those are bad.

    Is that Jim Carrey? I'm pretty sure that's Jim. The nose gives it away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything sparkles at Christmas time!

    And yes... That was the Grinch as Santa!

    ReplyDelete