Thursday, July 25, 2013

I'm only happy when it rains...


Did you see that???? That picture up there....do you know what that means????


FUCK IT FRIDAY!!!

Its back, baby!

What has been getting on your last nerve???  Come on you can tell me...

OK.  

Me first.

First of all.  The fucking moon.  Its been very large and full this week and I swear that it has been mocking me when I'm on my way to work....for real.  I was not kidding the other day when I was bitching about the lunacy.  Last night was a little better, but there was still my fucking  5am chaos.  ENOUGH! I am totally ready to be DONE with this work week.

I had a blood test last week and the lab completely fucked it up and ran the wrong test.  I had to wait OVER A WEEK to find out that they screwed up only to have to go back and have it done.  Again.  Don't think for one second that I didn't make everyone there I came into contact with read me back exactly what they were testing.  It wasn't the exact result I wanted,  but its not bad by any means, but fuck them for making me go through all that for the past week.  NOT NICE.  OH...but it gets better...my doctor had faxed them A BRAND NEW ORDER for my second test yesterday.  They lost it.  The girl working had the audacity to suggest I wait an hour and a half until his office opened. I guess the look on my face answered that question. She then asked me if I would like for her to page my physician.  I said to her, "I have been up all night.  I have waited over a week for my first test results that were messed up because someone here couldn't be bothered to do their job right.  What do you think?"  

Problem solved.

And I could really go for a good thunderstorm right now...

All right, all right.  I'm done. 

Though I could go on...but I won't...gotta save some for next week!

So, since its summertime, and if its as hot where you are as it has been here, the last thing you want to do is turn your oven on, right?  


Right...check this out...

NO BAKE Chocolate Truffle Pie

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) pecans,  toasted and coarsely chopped
1 (6 oz) ready-to-fill chocolate-flavored crumb crust
17 squares individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1/4 cup canned evaporated milk (not sweetened condensed)
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
Whipped cream, for serving

Directions
Sprinkle the pecans on the crust.
In a medium saucepan, cook the caramels and milk over medium-low heat, stirring often until the caramels melt and the mixture is smooth. Pour over the pecans.
Clean the saucepan and cook the chocolate chips, cream and butter over low heat until the chocolate melts and the mixture is smooth Pour over the caramel and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
Serve with whipped cream, if desired. (IF desired????  Come on now...)

Now you go...get it out there...think of something...SURELY there must be something from the past couple of months.....!

**************************************************************

But first...some food for thought...find a happy place....



15 comments:

  1. I absolutely love thunderstorms. Sorry to hear your blood tests were screwed up like that though. At least it all got sorted in the end. As for what's annoying me, there are two things;

    1. The bloody sun. It's way too damn hot.
    2. All the media attention some damn baby is getting. I have nothing against the baby, it's only a few days old, but I can sure as hell hate all the attention everyone is giving it. There are far more important things going on and the mainstream media is milking this distraction for far more than it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok my turn, F... FU-.... Uhm. Some people are mean, don't read don't write and judge people who do. It's bothersome but it's not a big enough deal for Fuck it Friday. I'm sorry.

    Fuck Cockroaches though. They're butt muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya. Fuck those bugs. Actually, step on them.... Call an exterminator!! Something!!!!

      Delete
    2. Nooo, don't call the exterminator. Instead, melt some good chocolate and dip the little buggers in. Freeze and enjoy later and a cool summer treat.

      Num, num, num.

      Delete
  3. So far this week has sucked less than last week and for me, that's good enough. It did rain and it has cooled down a lot, so that's all good.

    Sorry to hear about the blood work, you don't need stress right now. People are just plain idiots.

    And cockroaches are but muffins (I really like that saying).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to hear you had a better week, Anne! If you can believe it, mine got worse after I wrote this. I blame the cockroaches. Butt muffins!

      Delete
  4. Omg.. I think we go to the same dr.! I totally feel your pain and yes, a big booming thunderstorm would be awesome and Michigan always had the best. - LOVE the recipe. Going shopping tomorrow to get the caramels and try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still waiting for a thunderstorm... At least it cooled off.

      And I'm glad all of this week is behind me!

      Delete
  5. That's a good pie woman, when I worked in the hospitals we dreaded the full moon because of the effect it had on some people.....fuck them and the blood test people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the pie, Fran!! Yeah... this year its been every month with the full moon. Its usually hit or miss. If its still like this next week I don't know what I'm gonna blame...

      Delete
  6. Your blood tests were a nightmare! I had a similar thing happen with mine but I didn't have to redo mine. The results were in, they just weren't showing up in the system. Stupid computers.

    I have nothing to bitch about. Life is good. No, correction. Life is fucking great! It's summer time. Beach, kids, warm weather. Bring it, baby!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even though I didn't get the result I was hoping for, I'm glad they are done!!

      I'm glad you're enjoying your summer Elsie!!!

      Delete
  7. yep, that blood test thing happened with me too. I'd never understand how those people can be so irresponsible. Sometimes people's lives, nerves, happiness are at stake .....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saying the exact same thing the other day!!! Completely frustrating!!!!!!

      Delete