Sunday, February 17, 2013

Dreaming of You




Well, gooooooooood morning blogiverse!  I am back.  I think.  Anyway, on this date in 2011, right before my life went to shit, I started this blog.  A whole lot has happened since then, and I am really hoping that THIS year turns out to be the one that gets better.  But regardless of all that, I will still be here.  

So how about a look at some old posts?

Great...

Where to begin?  Well, the beginning of course!!

He still has pretty bland taste in food...although, we DID try a new restaurant last night and he ordered something out of the ordinary and actually drank a Margarita (not a big fan of tequila, that one!)  And it was actually me that wrote that post! =)  And also, if you have never had that pizza, do try it - delicious!

Literally, right before the shit hit the fan.

This pretty much sums up my sense of humor.  Yep.

Perhaps the very early beginnings of "Fuck it Friday"?

OOoohhhhh...the Virtual Zombie Walk! I gotta say, I had some fun with this!

In terms of some very awesome readers, a very pivotal post!

You know...the first one!

So, those are some highlights from my first year of blogging.  I'm pretty impressed with myself for actually sticking with things like I have!  That doesn't always happen.  And I might not always be here every day, but I'm not planning on leaving any time soon, so I hope you will be here too!

And now how about a recipe for today...I mean it wouldn't be complete without that, right?

Strawberry Tiramisu


Ingredients
1 pint fresh strawberries (organic if you can get them)
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup mascarpone cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons coffee-flavored liqueur
18 ladyfingers
1/3 cup chilled espresso
1/2 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions
Cut off the tops of the strawberries and slice the berries. Reserve 2 large whole berries for garnish.
In a blender, place 2 cups of strawberries and 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar; blend to puree and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine mascarpone cheese, 1/4 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and liqueur; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until thickened.
Place 6 ladyfingers on a serving plate and brush each with approximately 1 teaspoon cold espresso coffee. Spread or pipe out 1/2 of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers, and layer with half of the sliced strawberries.
Repeat with the next 6 ladyfingers, espresso, remaining cheese mixture, and sliced strawberries; top with remaining 6 ladyfingers.
In a small mixing bowl, combine 1/4 cup heavy cream with 2 tablespoons sugar; beat with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until just whipped, approximately 1 minute. Spread cream evenly over top layer of ladyfingers.
Dust cocoa over whipped cream, and garnish with 2 reserved strawberries. Pour strawberry puree onto two serving plates. Cut tiramisu in half, and place onto puree.



Yep...that's right.

*****************************************************
And Zen...


Because it wouldn't be right without the kitties!


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations and welcome back!!!! Woot woot!

    I read some of those posts and I like the zombie one the best. Those brain cupcakes-Jesus, those were freaky!

    I hope it's a better year for all of us. It has been the shits hasn't it.

    Like those falling clovers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raptor Kitten! Congratulations on lasting so long Mel :D It's good to see you back and I hope you do stick around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Blogoversary! And I love the raining shamrocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the milestone and as Anne said welcome back girl but strawberry tiramisu!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There's only two tablespoons of liquor in that?! FOR SHAME

    Happy 2 year blogiversary! And may many more follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BLOGGING BIRTHDAY -

    Loving the shamrocks. It's too early for me, because I still have hearts falling, but shamrocks are headed my way too.

    So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the song, the recipe, and you! Happy Blog-anniversary Mel! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two years? Well done, Mel, well done! Happy Blogoversary!

    ReplyDelete