Monday, December 31, 2012

Do you realize?




Newy Year





Wow.  Now that was fast.  I can't believe 2012 is done.  I have to say, 2011 was the worst year of my life.  2012 was an improvement, but still not the greatest.  I have a good feeling about 2013.  Amazing things are going to happen.  So let's make sure with kind of a play on what I posted for you all for the last new year!

Hoppin' John Salad with Molasses Dressing


Ingredients
Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Salad
1 (1-pound) bag frozen black-eyed peas
1 1/2 cups 1/2-inch cubes peeled yam (red-skinned sweet potato)
2 cups 1/2-inch cubes andouille sausage (about 12 ounces)
1 1/2 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed, patted dry
1 cup chopped red onion

Directions
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend; season with salt and pepper.
Cook black-eyed peas and yam in large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain; cool. Place in large bowl. Add andouille, okra, and onion. Add enough dressing to coat and toss.

Have a very SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

See you all on the other side!


25 comments:

  1. Yes, here's to new beginnings!! Talk to you next year (I always love saying that, hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 wasn't so good but I think that 2012 has been an improvement. Hopefully the improvements last into 2013 too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a feeling it's going to be a good one! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While it doesn't exactly feel like it today, I agree...I can feel the positive!!

      Delete
  4. Mel, baby. It's all up from here! I didn't make the buttermilk cake this year and caught a full load of shit for it. Maybe I'll cook it for the dogs and myself and start the new year off with a high note.

    OK, ON a high note.

    Hugs and kisses...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever gets you there...happy new year buddy!

      Delete
  5. i am tired of being a successful failure... welcome 2013 with open mind, heart and eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not agree with you more...lucky 13...its gonna get better!

      Delete
  6. Go out there and grab 2013 by the balls, Melanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all over it...as soon as I take a nap...I had to stay up late last night because I go back to work tonight!! Everything is back to normal tomorrow!

      Delete
  7. Happy New Year baby girl,
    love you,
    mumma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, sister!! I made the traditional version of hoppin' john today, but that salad looks pretty tasty. I think 2013 WILL be our bitch. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I could have swore that I commented on this post before, but I don't see it here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Black eyed peas, not just the band but the good luck pea! Happy New Year, Mel!

    ReplyDelete