Thursday, November 8, 2012

Fuck it Friday - I Know





And I am too lazy.  I claim it to be my prerogative as a female this week.  You can take away whatever the fuck you want from that.  I don't give a shit.  So, I remembered about 15 minutes after I took a muscle relaxer that I didn't have a post ready for tonight.  Fuck.  I can't make any promises as to how coherent all of this is going to come across, so again, I don't give a shit.  At the moment anyway.  I might care later if I re-read it.  And now, that song...if memory serves, I didn't like it at all when it came out in the 90s or whenever it was.  Its ok now.  Still don't know if I like it much, but I do remember it got PLAYED TO DEATH on the radio.  Which is probably why I didn't like it much.  

Ok, you know what today is, right?

Please.


FUCK IT FRIDAY!!!

So, other than the mother fucking cramps and the (what feels like) 20 pounds of water weight I seemed to have gained overnight, I don't have a whole hell of a lot to bitch about today.  But its not all about me.  Its about you all too.  And if you all want to tell me to fuck off for being so shitty about reading and commenting as of late, you go right ahead, because I totally have been.  Fucking life.  All getting in the way of the things I want to do...fucking bull shit!  So, before I let you all loose, how about we have a look at this pretty confection...

Ruffly Chocolate Cake

Ingredients
For the cake:
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup Cacao Barry Cocoa Powder - Extra Dark
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, at room temperature, lightly beaten
1 cup strong, hot black coffee or espresso
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
For the Swiss Meringue Buttercream
5 large egg whites
1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, cut into cubes
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
pinch of salt

Directions
For the cake layers:
Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare 2 x 9" (or 3 x 8" for slightly shorter layers) cake pans with butter and flour or parchment paper.
In bowl of electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, sift all dry ingredients. Add remaining ingredients to mixture and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed (you may need the plastic splashguard that comes with mixer).
Divide among prepared pans. Batter will be liquidy.
Bake for 20 minutes and rotate pans in oven. Cakes are done when toothpick or skewer comes clean, about 35 minutes. Do not overbake!
Cool on wire racks for 20 minutes then gently invert onto racks until completely cool.
For the Swiss Meringue Buttercream:
Wipe the bowl of an electric mixer with paper towel and vinegar, to remove any trace of grease. Add egg whites and sugar, and simmer over a pot of water (not boiling), whisking constantly, until temperature reaches 140°F, or if you don't have a candy thermometer, until the sugar has completely dissolved and the egg whites are hot.
With whisk attachment of mixer, begin to whip until the mixture is thick, glossy, and cool. Switch over to paddle attachment and, while mixing on medium speed, gradually add softened butter in chunks until incorporated, and mix until it has reached a silky smooth texture (if curdles, keep mixing and it will come back to smooth).
Add vanilla and salt and mix well.

Ok now, go on with your bad selves.  


10 comments:

  1. *ahem* Ladies and gentlemen, my Fuck It Friday rant:

    FUCK THIS FOOT OF FUCKIN SNOW THAT I HAD TO SHOVEL ALL FUCKIN DAY LONG!!!! WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I WIN THE FUCKIN LOTTERY AND MOVE PERMANENTLY TO FUCKIN MAUI WHERE THERE'S NO FUCKIN SNOW???

    Thank you for your attention.

    Gawd, I'd love a piece of that cake right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a change I have nothing to gripe about. I know, I know tis not normal. I'm sure someone will piss me off sooner or later and I'll let fly then.

    I want that cake, I want that cake, I want that cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you and my wife are on the same schedule.

    Yes, definately fuck it Friday. Wish I wasn't allergic to chocolate--yes, it's a fucking shame--because the cake looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That motherfucking cake is the shit! I'd slap the Pope's dentures out of his mouth just for shits and grins and a chance to get at that MoFo.

    I share in your Fuck it Friday theme. My cat tore the underside of my new couch, the shower curtain rod fell the fuck down just to piss me the fuck off, my Internet is slower than constipation, my new pencil won't fucking sharpen, and the month of Defuckingcember is coming which means in the Philippines, it's all about shitty Filipino movies. Trust me when I say, I could shit a better scene on a Rol-aids wrapper and hire better whores as actors from the streets.

    Okay, I feel better now.

    Thank you and carry on. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. F off Friday sounds good! haha, and I am not too fond of the music either, not my style. However I did like the Ruffly chocolate cake! but whenever i try to make a layer cake it never turns out, I think i need a better knife for cutting the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks delicious, and it's packed with chocolate, so it probably is. Like most things packed with chocolate. Sounds like you could really do with some chocolate yourself :( I hope you start feeling better soon, and not just because of the muscle relaxers, which might make you feel pretty damn good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder what made the icing so rosy colour when it has nothing in the ingredients that makes it such :)
    I love putting buttermilk in cakes and I always make them that way or with sour cream... such cakes are always softer and fresher than the ones with eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember the song it didn't even make the top 40 here in blighty!!!! Nice cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay, you still have me thinking about Bass Pro Shops and the Santa guy, then, you bring up the Ruffly Chocolate Cake. It almost makes me forget about wanting to say fuckit after the day I had at work!
    love you baby girl,
    mumma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I put that song on a mix CD about two years ago, and was surprised to find myself enjoying it more as time goes by.

    And for what it's worth, that is one bad-ass looking cake. I'm droolin'...

    ReplyDelete